Crowdability is seeking a talented Web Designer. This person will be responsible for the design, development, and functionality of our customer-facing web pages, digital marketing creative, funnels, etc. The right candidate must display strong design skills as well as communication and organizational abilities. This position demands someone who is detail-oriented, learns quickly, and can handle multiple tasks at once, along with the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment. In this role, you’ll be involved in conceptualizing and laying out marketing websites, landing pages, emails, as well as email newsletters and PDF-based research reports. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, etc.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Create responsive landing pages using HTML, CSS, and JS.
- Create email campaigns using HTML, CSS.
- Proactively collaborate with copywriters, developers, and/or video producers to define the message and specs for the graphic design and web development elements in a project.
- Develop front-end code variations for A/B testing using HTML, CSS, and JS.
- Perform quality assurance tests and ascertain the cause of a problem when a test is not performing as expected or adversely affecting other reporting.
- Develop e-commerce sales funnels, promotional efforts, and emails for our subscribers.
- Design multiple iterations of design elements to optimize clarity and persuasiveness.
- Seek out feedback from copywriter, team members, and legal review staff in a timely manner in order to allow for revisions and iterations.
- Proactively seek ways to optimize the development and design process.
Required Skills and Experience
Nice to have
- 2+ years of web design experience.
- A strong grasp of HTML and CSS.
- Understanding of Mobile First Responsive design concepts.
- Understanding of page speed optimization best practices.
- A strong ability to troubleshoot functional and layout issues.
- Self-driven, attention to detail, organized.
- Naturally curious and not afraid to speak up, ask questions or suggest ideas.
- Willingness to learn new systems.
- Openness to re-prioritize and adapt workflow in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with API integrations.
- Graphic design skills. Experience with Adobe Photoshop.
- Working knowledge of Bootstrap or similar CSS frameworks.
Are You a Fit?
- Experience with Google Analytics, Tag Manager, Webmaster Tools.
- Experience with Git.
- Experience with WordPress.
- Knowledge of backend development.
We offer a market-rate salary, incentive compensation, and benefits. In addition, we aim to ensure that you have an exciting and challenging career with ample opportunities for career growth. We are a New York and Baltimore based company. Remote work is fine. Are you a fit? Please tell us why. Email us at [email protected]
and include the words "Frontend Developer" in the subject line. Please include the following:
- Brief letter of introduction
- Examples of web development and web design work
- Your resume
Crowdability is the world’s first and largest publisher focused on startup investing. Thanks to a new set of laws called the JOBS Act, for the first time in 85 years, ordinary individuals can now invest in private startups. This is an exciting development — but if investors don’t know what they’re doing, they could lose their shirts. Crowdability’s mission is to help inform, protect, and guide these investors. We do that by providing independent investment research, and by making complex topics understandable. Backed by top VCs, Crowdability has quickly become a leader in this emerging sector. Crowdability is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees