Virginia Beach, VA (remote – Virginia Residents)
The Junior Web Designer’s principal role is to assist with internal and client-facing web projects. In this position, you will report directly to Port & Starboard’s Digital Strategist.The ideal candidate is an individual capable of wearing different hats in a fast-paced environment, working in WordPress configuration, website design, and content development. As a Jr. WordPress Designer, you will work individually and as part of a team to help design, develop, and deploy small and large-scale web, e-commerce sites, all while learning and growing your skill set.
Key responsibilities include:
- Help develop and design WordPress based websites
- Respond to WordPress trouble tickets and support requests
- Produce digital content: photos, graphics, and site assets
- Work with Digital Strategist and clients to identify requirements and project goals
- Work with Digital Strategist to design a solution that will meet clients’ business requirements
- Test and verify with project team members and clients that solutions will meet the business requirements
- Participate in key meetings with clients including requirement sessions, design reviews, demos, and end user training
- Energetic, outgoing and positive attitude with the ability to work with people.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You are motivated by delighting customers and achieving goals.
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Independent work ethic and a willingness to roll up sleeves and get dirty! Our company is growing, and each employee is given significant responsibility and autonomy. You will be expected to pitch in and assist the entire team as needed.
- Interest in business, particularly in start-up and small enterprise.
- Experience designing and managing websites on WordPress
- A knack for graphic design
- Experience generating and optimizing online content for search
- Experience with graphic design tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, and Piktochart
- General IT wherewithal. We use Salesforce, Google G Suite, WordPress, WooCommerce, Adobe Creative Suite, Salesforce, and a number of other technology tools to keep track of the business and get our work done.