What we are doing
Kaizo aims to actively guide employees towards achieving their goals and making an impact at their companies.
We are building a performance development platform for customer support teams that leverages gamification and AI to improve operational efficiency, elevate teams' performance and retention with actionable goals. We are a product-led, fast-growing SaaS company with a diverse team and a globally active customer base.
- Kaizo is leveraging gamification and machine learning to make the daily work experience for customer support agents more engaging, fun and productive.
- We run a microservice-based stream processing platform which processes 200+ million events every day using Akka Streams and Kafka.
- Those services are deployed to Kubernetes on Google Cloud and feed data into Elasticsearch and Mongodb.
- Our systems are designed to be reactive, e.g. responsive, resilient, elastic, and message-driven.
- We are building a realtime Machine Learning engine to continuously adjust the gamification parameters that keep our users motivated and productive.
- We are always scaling up to handle more data with lower latencies.
Your role in our team
As a Senior Frontend Developer, you will be responsible for creating UI screens and components for the various projects that support our gamification platform. You will work with exciting and cutting edge technologies and be encouraged to experiment and keep our codebase continuously improving.
You will focus on
- Contributing best-practices and architectural leadership to our front end applications and helping define the architecture, frameworks and tooling
- Developing new features in a fast-paced startup environment
- Creating reusable and maintainable front-end systems and abstractions using modern practices
- Ensuring maintainability and correctness by writing automated tests
- Leveraging frameworks and libraries to allow you to focus on creating the most end-user value
- Working tightly with our backend- and AI-engineers to deliver end-to-end solutions
- Analysing problems and suggesting improvements to our products
- Maintaining and potentially replacing our current Wordpress website
What you bring to the table
- 2+ years of experience working within Cross-functional teams, collaborating with UX and Product Managers
- Previous team lead role or readiness to take on more responsibilities to coach.
- User-design thinking
- Experience with consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience creating reusable and maintainable front-end systems and abstractions using modern practices
- Experience deploying services to Kubernetes and running software in production on Google Cloud (or AWS/Azure)
- 2+ years of experience in series A/B startups would be a big plus
- BS/Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
You will work with some of the best global talent to build a tool used by great companies like Miro, Marley Spoon, Footlocker, Soundcloud, Tripaneer or WeTransfer. You will be part of a team of diverse and passionate people with a culture that empowers great work.
What we bring to the table
We do everything to make sure you feel nourished, motivated and supported by offering:
- Teamwork & fun perks when full remote work is required (weekly team games & drinks, morning coffee chats and more)
- Investment into your personal development using our network of internal and external mentors
- New laptop & tools
- Free lunch (even while working from home)
- Flexible working hours and unlimited holiday policy
- Remote possible within the EU time zone
- Workations (2019: Tuscany, 2020: Zoom , 2021: ???)