WordPress VIP is the digital platform of choice for the world’s top brands and publishers. Our expertise running performant, secure, and stable applications at scale enables our clients to power high-touch digital experiences with ease. Our platform combines the unparalleled WordPress user experience with enterprise-grade infrastructure and world-class support, serving billions of web requests per day. As one of the most used and ubiquitous software platforms on Earth, security and reliability are critical.
We’re looking for Systems Engineers to join our fully remote team, where you’ll play an essential role in developing, building, and maintaining our growing global infrastructure. If you enjoy solving complex problems and are eager to empower development teams working at some of the most high-profile, high-traffic sites out there, come and join us.
We’d love to chat with you if you have:
- Experience with implementing and supporting Kubernetes-based infrastructure.
- Experience working on a large-scale system to make it performant, highly scalable, and fault-tolerant.
- Experience in Linux systems administration and a deep understanding of how web-related services (load balancers, high availability solutions, web servers, databases, caching daemons, etc.) work.
- Proficiency in information systems concepts, system administration, and cloud platforms.
- Proficiency with some or all of: NGINX, Docker, PHP, Golang, LUA, MySQL, ELK.
- Working knowledge of network technologies such as: TCP/IP stack, IPv6, DNS, Anycast, firewalls (iptables), and TLS.
- A passion for open source software.
- A willingness to learn!
Bonus points if you can guess what each dot represents on the map below and tell us the methodology you used to figure it out.https://automattic.com/automattic-data-centers
Curious who works in engineering at Automattic? Meet our Code Wranglers Brandon, Jeremy, Mark, Jennifer, Roy and Kat! These are exciting times at WordPress VIP and you’ll have a unique opportunity to shape the future of our platform. Join us! We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have some time and want to learn more about how we do things, watch this ScaleConf video.
- Open vacation policy (no set number of days per year). We encourage all employees to take the time they need for vacation, to pursue their own interests, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Home office setup and coworking allowances. Working from a coffee shop? You can use your coworking allowance for the requisite latte!
- We happily provide or reimburse hardware and software you’ll need, as well as books or conferences that promote continued learning.
- Company-sponsored life insurance.
- Open parental leave (includes maternity, paternity, and adoption). If you’ve been with us for 12 months, your leave is fully paid.
- WordPress-branded laptop at your four-year anniversary. A spiffy set of wireless headphones at your seven-year anniversary.
- Paid two to three-month sabbatical encouraged every five years.
- We cover all costs of company travel, so dust off that passport! Your team will get together one to three times per year in locations around the globe. Note: All company travel is currently suspended due to COVID-19.
- Other benefits are country-specific, and include health, vision, and dental insurance; matching retirement/pension contributions; childcare vouchers; income protection; travel insurance; and discount offers.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We know applying to jobs can be stressful and we want to ease the stress by giving clear expectations up front about what to expect from our process. We’ve outlined everything you need to know here including all of the steps in the process as well as how we approach hiring. We’re always iterating so if you happen to join us in the process, please feel free to offer feedback on what else we can include there!