Remote (UTC +/- 2)
In a nutshell
An opportunity to own the website development of an ambitious startup with a high impact, high value technical product.
The open-source technology at Snowplow empowers people to differentiate with data. Running on AWS and GCP data technologies, it is the platform for teams who want to serve complex data use cases in an increasingly privacy and security conscious world.
We collect, validate, enrich and load billions of events for our customers each day, who also benefit from our online experience and expertise in running our own tech.
It’s an exciting time here at Snowplow. We are actively selling in 14 countries with hundreds of customers and thousands of open-source users.
You will become a member of an embedded engineering team, working within the Marketing function. This team will be responsible for the design and delivery of our website, which plays a critical role in the buyer journey.
You will be joining a wider team of 25+ remote engineers who work closely with our product, support and customer teams. There is a huge opportunity to learn more about all aspects of engineering and data, from code to customers.
The environment you’ll be working in
Our company values are Transparency, Honesty, Ownership, Inclusivity, Empowerment, Customer-centricity, Growth and Technical Excellence. These aren’t just words we plucked out of thin air, we came up with them together as a company and are continually looking to find new ways to weave these into our day-to-day operations. From flexible hours and working locations to the way we give feedback, we’re passionate about building a company that supports both company and individual development.
What you’ll be doing
- Working closely with a UX designer and Digital Product Manager to understand and design the digital buyer journey.
- Owning the Wordpress sites that serve our main website and documentation portal.
- Creating an administrative experience that allows our marketing team to easily iterate on our content pages.
- Ensuring that our Wordpress instances remain secure and putting in place defences against common threats.
- Working in a productive, empowered team. Everyone says this, but we’re really doing it. Come talk to us about how.
We’d love to hear from you if
- The idea of working for a growing, funded startup excites you.
- You have experience building Wordpress sites in a professional capacity.
- You are experienced in using HTML/CSS to create browser compliant, mobile friendly, accessible pages.
- You are able to demonstrate strategies for keeping Wordpress secure, performant and extensible.
- You’re happy to challenge ideas and make suggestions to deliver a great user experience.
- You’ll be a great communicator and enjoy working closely with the team. Our remote team depends on expert collaborators to work effectively.
- You don’t wait to be told what to do. You can understand a problem, drive toward a solution and recognise when you need support or more direction.
What you’ll get in return
- A competitive package, including share options
- 25 days of holiday a year (plus public holidays)
- Freedom to work from wherever suits you best
- Cycle to work scheme
- Two fantastic company Away Weeks in a different European city each year (or when this isn’t possible, we have “Stay Away Weeks”)
- Mental health support including therapy sessions
- Work alongside a supportive and talented team with the opportunity to work on cutting edge technology and challenging problems
- Grow and develop in a fast-moving, collaborative organisation
- MacBook Pro
- Convenient location in central London for those who want to work there
- Continuous supply of Pact coffee and healthy snacks in the office when you’re here!