medpex is one of the largest German mail-order pharmacies and thus an important player in two of the most exciting growth markets: e-commerce and healthcare. In well-known tests, the mail-order pharmacy received top marks for reliable service, good advice and fast delivery.Based in the Rhine-Neckar region, we ship around 400,000 packages per month – to more than four million customers throughout Germany.We are a young and innovative company with a strong corporate culture, a good dose of start-up, and steady growth. Currently we employ more than 400 people.
To grow further we need more of our biggest success factor: talented, qualified and motivated employees. That is why we are looking for a PHP Web Developer (m/f/d) for our offices in Mannheim.
Your tasks will be
- Development and maintenance of our PHP websites (jobs.medpex.de) and systems (WordPress, Kayako, PBXware etc.)
- Analysis, design and development of our e-commerce platform based on PHP Microservices
- Quality assurance of software development through code reviews
What we expect from you
- Degree in (business) computer science or comparable vocational training with corresponding background
- Experience in working with different frameworks and tools (jQuery, React, WordPress, Symfony)
- Good knowledge of SQL (MySQL) and relational databases
- Knowledge of design patterns, clean code and agile development methods (Scrum) is an advantage
- Good knowledge of German and Englisch
What you can expect
- Current technology. We love tech.
- Start-up flair with regular collective events (like bubble football, laser tag or canoeing)
- Flexible working hours with one day of home office per week
- Bright offices with a football table, Nintendo Switch, relax lounge and the choice between an open-plan or 4-person office
- Modern tech equipment
- Dell XPS Notebook with Windows 10 (Company Standard) or MacBook Pro (OS X)
- Company mobile phone (iPhone or Android)
- Free choice of IDE and work equipment (mouse, keyboard, etc.)
- Height-adjustable desks
- Flat hierarchies, communication as equals, first name basis and no dress code.
- Air-conditioned offices, located near the city center and the main train station, but also near green areas
- Individual training and development opportunities
- Fresh fruit, drinks and coffee flat rate to keep energy levels up
- Exclusive employee discounts
Our offices in Mannheim are conveniently located and well connected to local and long-distance public transport. Shops in the city center, restaurants and parks are located in the immediate vicinity.
We look forward to receiving your application and having you as part of our team. Please remember to include your last certificates along with your cover letter and CV when you apply.
For further questions please contact Antonia Lorenz by phone at 0621 397316 650.