Automattic’s experimentation platform squad (ExPlat) is looking for a self-directed backend engineer to help take ExPlat to the next level! You will partner with our resident engineers and data scientists to maintain and enhance a rock-solid platform for running and analyzing experiments, ranging from simple A/B tests to more exotic approaches.
You can learn more about the project by reading our recent data.blog and checking out Abacus, ExPlat’s open-source UI.
What You’ll Do:
- Help with architecture and product decisions within ExPlat.
- Support internal users through experiment and code reviews.
- Integrate into a multi-functional team of software engineers, data scientists, and data engineers.
Who You Are:
- You have production experience building backend applications with a variety of languages, frameworks, and systems.
- You understand backend challenges around scalability, caching, database load management, and API design
- You have experience working with PHP or the ability and willingness to pick it up quickly.
- You are familiar with multiple programming languages and paradigms.
- You have experience with test automation at all levels of the test pyramid.
- You are knowledgeable about design patterns, testability, and maintainability.
- You care about code quality and best practices and appreciate robust code review processes.
- You are results-oriented, humble, and have an equal willingness and ability to learn, and teach.
- You have strong interpersonal skills with experience working autonomously in a diverse, cross-functional team.
- You have experience running A/B tests.
- You have WordPress programming experience.
- You have experience working with data and visualization.
- You have at least a basic understanding of machine learning and statistics.
- Most of your workday is between Western US and Western Australia hours.