Head of Development (m/f/D)
We are a fast-growing startup from Berlin with the vision to revolutionize events both digitally and hybrid/analog. This is a tall order!
talque's innovative software solution enables event organizers, sponsors and their participants to create successful and interactive digital and hybrid events, such as festivals, congresses, conferences and trade fairs. These include well-known event formats from the start-up world, world leading industry events and film festivals, such as the Marché du Film in Cannes. talque's solution is already being used in 18 countries worldwide.
Covid-19 has led to a strong digitalization push in the event industry. Our company experiences an extreme growth phase with a highly successful and advanced product.
Starting immediately, we want YOU to help us to grow our development team, take our agile approach to the next level and build our web app / backend.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The team currently consists of 6 internal developers, with a plan of expanding it to 10-12. We are looking for a team leader who is passionate about creating and maintaining high-quality software.
- Grow and support a world-class team of developers who feel autonomous, productive, and fulfilled. You will be responsible for setting them up for success while coaching and providing guidance along the way.
- Expand and reorganize the team and its processes as context changes. You will ensure that tooling and workflows are appropriate.
- Help us to enlarge and polish our frontend and make our backend more scalable and bullet-proof.
- Help plan each work cycle internally by improving our scrum process, reviewing priorities, availability, and optimal matching of people to projects. You will periodically share updates, so that everyone is aware of what's going on behind the scenes.
- You will collaborate with product development and the product owner on prototyping and implementing new features.
- Team up with our experienced yet unpretentious CTO and grow to be the deputy CTO.
- You have a degree in the area of computer science/information systems or equivalent and profound work experience.
- Of course, you know Python and how to design and build REST APIs for single-page web apps.
- You also know our frontend frameworks Angular, Typescript, Vue.js and maybe Angular JS (our legacy system).
- Ideally, you have some experience with the Google Cloud Platform (Appengine/Python) and AWS
- Optionally, you have some interest/experience in mobile app development (Cordova, React Native) and maybe Wordpress plugins.
- You take pride in your code and unit testing is not an alien concept.
- Experience in building and leading resilient teams that produce long-lasting software would be advantageous, but not a necessity.
- English is our primary language
- Competitive salary
- Young and dynamic working environment in a highly motivated team
- You work directly with the founders and will make real contributions from day one
- Modern software development paradigms (Agile, Lean)
- A beautiful, bright office in the heart of Berlin
Please send your application (incl. gitHub link or project portfolio) via email to [email protected].
We look forward to getting to know you!