We’re looking for a talented WordPress developer who can deliver high quality code that delivers exciting website features for our Clients. We’re a small agency that requires a talented developer who can work autonomously and proactively seek solutions for problems.
- Proficiency in writing clean, structured CSS that uses BEM naming convention and which avoids CSS name conflicts (https://docs.starcounter.io/v/2.3.2/guides/blendable-web-apps/avoiding-css-conflicts)
- Proficiency in PHP WordPress development eg. custom page templates and custom AJAX functions.
- Strong experience developing custom WordPress themes based on custom design mockups from Adobe XD, Figma or Sketch.
- Experience with WordPress plugin development, including development that follows “WordPress Best Practices” for Plugin Development (https://developer.wordpress.org/plugins/plugin-basics/best-practices/)
- Experience developing custom features for existing popular plugins eg. Gravity Forms and WooCommerce.
- Experience with integrating third party APIs into WordPress.
- Strong communication skills and ability to liaise directly with Clients. Ability to manage client relationships on behalf of Stone Digital.
- Must be able to work at least 5 hours during Sydney work hours (9am-5pm AEDT).
You should also be comfortable speaking directly with clients and working with management on developing quotes.
- You should be comfortable speaking directly with clients and working with management on developing time estimates for projects.
- Ideally, 3+ years for experience with custom WordPress development.
- This is a client-facing role, so you will need excellent written and verbal communication skills to succeed in the role.
- You should be comfortable speaking directly with clients and working with management on developing quotes.
- You’ll have experience and a passion for creating all kinds of WordPress website.
- Experience with Git and GitHub version control for custom WordPress themes and plugin development projects
- Experience with SASS, SCSS or other Style pre-processors
- Experience with advanced SQL queries and SQL database management and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Shopify and Liquid
- Experience with Gulp.js
- Experience writing vanilla JS without relying on frameworks such as jQuery
- A good understanding of Google Analytics, goal tracking and SEO.
What we want to see next:
- A portfolio with examples of your experience with WordPress custom theme development and custom plugin development.
Who are we?
Stone Digital is a web development agency based in Sydney, Australia. We deliver high quality custom websites for Clients across a wide range of industries.
We specialise in advanced web development, which means we’re focused on solving difficult technical problems for our Client websites.