Pacific Programming and Tech Inc. is a computer software development firm based out of Montreal, QC. We currently offer a unique hybrid-work environment which includes remote work from home and in-office days(s) for collaborative work. We’re looking for a seasoned WordPress Developer to join our team and work on our WordPress sites.
As a WordPress Developer, you will be responsible for both back-end (PHP/SQL) and front-end development, including creating WordPress sites, customizations and plugins. We are looking for someone that has a good understanding of WordPress, PHP and front-end development, you will be joining our team of Devs with a strong work ethic, in a fun, relaxed environment.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities
- Creating custom WordPress features and functionality using PHP
- Developing pixel perfect, responsive pages from Figma / XD files
- Ensuring high-performance, and managing all technical aspects of our WordPress sites
- Participate in the development and deployment of responsive WordPress websites
- Use best practices to improve Core Web Vitals, SEO and maintainable code
- Cross-browser and functional testing after all WordPress updates
- Tailor modules and existing plugins to meet business requirements
- Work closely with team members & project managers to provide updates
- Strong understanding of PHP development for WordPress
- 2+ years’ experience in WordPress development using PHP, HTML5, CSS3, JS, jQuery
- Experience developing responsive / mobile first websites
- Experience with browser tools like DevTools, Firebug, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and specificity to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to develop a functional WordPress site from a Figma / XD file
- Knowledge of how to interact with APIs, including WordPress REST API
- Ability to communicate directly with peers, managers, and end users
- Understanding the benefits of SEO and the development skills to support SEO are a plus
- Understanding of code versioning tools a plus
- Login to your VM, VPN, Jira, MatterMost, Outlook
- Morning call with team members
- Catch up on communications
- Review Jira issues
- Select an issue
- Save the day!
Benefits of Working with Pacific
- A hybrid work/remote environment
- Downtown location
- Competitive salary & benefits package including an extensive health insurance package.