WordPress Developer is responsible for architecting, planning, developing and documenting websites created within the WordPress ecosystem. This role will leverage standards and best practices to ensure the highest performance and quality possible. This individual will work with our SEO and UX teams in order to create sites based on designs provided, with SEO as the center of the development process. In addition, this position will support the development of web apps using WordPress and other platforms that may have REST API or other integrations.
WordPress Developer responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Design, develop and implement new features, enhancements, and content on existing and new WordPress websites.
- Maintain and customize existing WordPress Plugins along with regular updates to website frameworks and databases.
- Work with external teams, including consultants and/or third-party services to troubleshoot any issues as they arise.
- Maintain and update PHP/MySQL/HTML sites.
- Develop, modify, and debug WordPress implementations.
- Work closely with project management to ensure successful, on-time delivery.
Qu alifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or GED required, Bachelors Preferred
- 2-3 years of WordPress experience required
- Experience working with WordPress frameworks and builders such as Oxygen, Bricks, Metabox or other Custom Post Types creator and custom fields and taxonomies, a plus
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Experience with Google Tag Manager and setting up events in GA4, a plus
- Experience leveraging Zapier or other app integration tool with WordPress
- Knowledge or experience with using Webhooks and REST API with WordPress
- Experience working with Fluent Forms or other forms-based plugin for WordPress
- Ability to work independently, with little oversight and complete tasks quickly
- A desire to learn new concepts and develop solutions rapidly
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and inter-personal skills, with the ability to clearly and effectively communicate with people in all levels of the organization
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing unmatched customer service
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently
R+L Global Logistics is a world-class provider of high quality domestic and international logistics and supply chain services, with a reputation for offering the highest quality freight solutions and services to our customers. We have 14 offices across the country, with locations in Atlanta, Chicago, Cincinnati, Denver, Fort Myers, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Laredo, Los Angeles, Nashville, Newark, Ocala, Orlando and San Antonio allowing our logistics team to optimize the supply chain process for our customers.
Why our employees love working at R+L Global Logistics
- Values “I love working for a company that I am proud to represent based on its morals and people”Opportunities “It’s exciting to play a part in building an organization knowing that as you succeed, more and more opportunities become available
- People “While we are a larger company, I’ve still been able to form new friendships and relationships with the people around me”
- Leadership “I love coming in each day and knowing that I my opinion matters to our leadership team
- Exciting Benefits Including Vacation Properties “I love being able to go to Fort Myers Beach for a weekend getaway
Company Vacation Properties, PTO, Sick Time, Paid Holidays, 401k, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurance, Pet Insurance and Group Home & Auto Insurance
R+L Global Logistics will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law. R+L Global Logistics will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for an assessment or job interview) if so requested. When completing this application, you may exclude information that would disclose or otherwise reference your race, religion, age, sex, genetic, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal or state law.