· Hybrid working
· 20 days holiday per year + 1 extra day off for your birthday
· 1 additional day off for each year you’re with us (up to 5 days)
· Extra time off over Christmas (in addition to your holiday allowance)
· Budget for training opportunities and learning on-the-job
· Access to BIMA webinars and resources
My client specialises in delivering beautifully designed and technically robust websites that are built to last. They’ve built our reputation on exceeding their client’s expectations and being a trusted long-term partner. Their focus is working with charities, non-profit organisations and businesses that aspire to make a positive impact. They are a team of strategic, technical, UX, design, data and project management experts and they specialise in delivering websites built on WordPress and Shopify platforms.
They are looking for a talented WordPress developer to join their strong, expanding team and take ownership of the technical development of their projects and the ongoing maintenance of the sites they develop.
The purpose of the role - You will be an instrumental part of their in-house technical team and work closely with our UX and design teams to focus on the performance of the sites that we develop. You will have a good grasp of security, accessibility and responsive frontend behaviour and be good at developing lightweight, fast-loading websites. It is important that our developers take a pragmatic approach to problem-solving and aren’t afraid of asking questions or contributing ideas. Line of reporting - The role sits within the Development team, working alongside developers and their QA and reporting to the Technical Director.
They are a WordPress specialist agency. As a member of their in-house development team, you will be an integral part of the technical stages of their projects, helping to build bespoke, robust, enterprise websites that meet the ongoing needs of their clients.
· Responsive framework. They use Foundation as their responsive framework and they design and build websites that are inherently responsive.
· GIT. They manage their codebase through GIT using BitBucket.
· Hosting and security. They use Kinsta for hosting WordPress sites. They apply a number of hardening techniques to ensure their sites are secure.
· Integrations. Almost every site they build integrates to some extent with 3rd party applications through APIs.
· Accessibility. The process and framework have accessibility baked in and they aim for a minimum level WCAG AA compliance.
· SEO and tracking. Their sites are built to the best technical SEO practices, and they include tracking on every site to aid with future optimisation. KPIs Build technically robust, secure, responsive, accessible WordPress websites that match the UX, designs and content needs of their clients Document technical specifications and solutions Deliver fast loading, search engine optimised applications Communicate effectively with other disciplines within the agency Deliver quality code to the commercials of a brief
Who you are
· This is a technical role. You need to be a technical person but appreciate and understand the creative nature of our work.
· A real passion and enthusiasm for what you do and a desire to continuously learn and experiment with new technologies.
· Ability to think about and plan your work before starting to code. They value a considered approach.
· Having said that, you need to be pragmatic, show initiative and be practical in your approach on each individual project.
· Ability to document technical solutions.
· Have some impressive WordPress projects that you can show off.
· Attention to detail is a must.
· An open mind towards different web technologies.
· Familiarity with Database engines (MySQL).
· Understanding of jQuery, NodeJs, Angular and React.
· DevOps – you’ll have a good understanding of web hosting on Linux and comfortable managing deployments from GIT.
· Knowledge of working with Shopify is a bonus.