Position Title:WordPress Developer
Reports to: Senior Developer
Location:Toronto, Ontario (currently remote)
Estimated Start Date:May 2022
Compensation:Full-time competitive salary based on experience
Trew Knowledge is a fast-paced, and rapidly growing digital marketing agency focused on world-class, innovative solutions for some of the world’s largest Brands. We specialize in WordPress and WordPress VIP development, digital strategy, UX/UI design.
As a WordPress developer, you are comfortable creating custom themes and plugins. You have a strong understanding of PHP and take security very seriously. You are comfortable working with high-traffic sites and performance is a top priority. You know how to write reusable code and work well with other developers. Most importantly, you are driven to hone your craft through a passion for technology.
- Collaborate with the development team on various projects
- Build custom WordPress themes and plugins based on supplied designs or front-end templates
- Write clean and organized code that can be shared and collaborated on with other team members
- Run security audits and perform code reviews.
- Evaluate WordPress sites for performance enhancements.
- Understand business and user requirements.
- Maintain WordPress websites for clients
- Fix bugs and handle service desk tickets
Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Experience developing custom WordPress themes and plugins
- Vast knowledge of PHP and MySQL
- Knowledge of React & Gutenberg
- Package manager and automation tool experience. Eg. npm & gulp.
- Demonstrated understanding of Responsive Web Design principles.
- Experience working with various REST APIs
- Experience working with version control systems such as GitHub and/or SVN
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and organization skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Works in close collaboration with development teammembers on client projects and requests
- Participates in Business Requirements Sessions,Daily stand-ups, Town Halls, and Code Review meetings