This position is an individual contract position in the United States. International Candidates and 3rd-party firms need not apply.
Tree Ring Digital, a Denver based, top-rated digital marketing agency, is seeking a talented self-motivated, proactive WordPress Website Designer to contribute to our growing and collaborative team. Our WordPress Website Designer will work with the development and project management team to design custom WordPress websites.
About Us: Our culture is unique and pretty hard to beat: we’re like-minded people who share common passions, appreciate one another’s unique ideas, enjoy each other’s company, respect each other’s skills, have each other’s backs, and love what we do. We’re a well-established, diligent, and creative group that thrives in our fast-paced work environment. Our firm is committed to a work/life balance for all team members.
About our dream candidate: This individual should have experience designing and editing a variety of unique websites including small business, eCommerce, blog, and membership portals. They will work with the content writers and WordPress developers to ensure we are providing our clients with engaging, results-driven websites. They will also assist the marketing team in building attractive landing pages for marketing campaigns.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities (including, But Not Limited To)
- Wireframe Designs.
- Website Design & Building of Site in WordPress.
- Website edits (ie: content changes, editing contact forms, creating new pages, updating menu items, etc.)
- Work in a timely manner.
- Providing Support in:
- Troubleshooting WordPress, website, and plugin issues.
- Responsive design and mobile-related issues.
- Troubleshooting and resolving site-related issues quickly and efficiently.
- Quality check before work goes to the client for review.
- Installing plugins, tracking codes, and CSS classes for the marketing team.
Job Requirements, Skills, Abilities, Education
- Adheres to project hours requirements, timelines, and tracking time appropriately.
- Ability to proactively identify client growth opportunities and communicate efficiently to the business development team.
- Using the data provided by our discovery team and performing competitor research to build and design engaging WordPress websites that encourage users to stay on the site and take action.
- Designing websites for diverse organizations ranging from small to midsize businesses and including blogs, eCommerce sites, online learning, and membership portals.
- Working with the project manager and design team to complete projects in a timely manner.
- A mix of 65% front-end and 35% back-end.
- Highly motivation to complete projects by deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills (phone, email, and face-to-face)
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Drive, and Dropbox.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, troubleshooting, and decision-making skills.
- High level of:
- Attention to detail (including accurate data entry skills)
- Knowledge in WordPress builders, plugins, and maintenance.
- Ability to:
- Think several steps ahead and execute tasks without (or before) being given direction (once trained)
- Think through all possible solutions and determine the best solution.
- Take work direction well & follow specific processes and procedures (once taught)
- Work well independently, as well as in a collaborative environment.
- Utilize the correct tools, resources, and team members to find answers to client questions.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have/Be
- 2-3 years experience in WordPress design required.
- 2-3 years managing multiple websites simultaneously required.
- Proficient in:
- WordPress core.
- WordPress plugins and 3rd-party integrations.
- Responsive website design.
- HTML5 and CSS3.
- Site and image optimization techniques.
- Cross-Browser Compatibility and Mobile-First Responsive Design.
- Inspect tool preferred.
- XD preferred.
- Basic knowledge/experience with:
- Editing/understanding of WordPress websites.
- Installing WordPress.
- Installing development sites and staging environments.
- Making development sites live.
- Page builder tools (WPBakery, Elementor, Divi, etc)
- WordPress back-end development (including custom post types, theme customization, plug-in configuration and customization, and database structure)
- eCommerce systems which include WooCommerce setup (including variable products, shipping, and payment gateway configurations)
- Various plugins including Gravity Forms, ACF, LearnDash, and MemberPress.
- GSuite, Office 365, Slack, QuickBooks, WordPress, 1Password & Dropbox.
What We Offer The Right Candidate
This position is a contract position with an hourly wage of $35-50/hour DOE and will be between 15-30 hours per week depending on skillset. The contractor will have the ability to work from home. Client communication can be handled on Zoom or a phone call.
Our standard hours are Monday - Friday from 9 am - 5:30 pm MST so conference calls with clients will need to be handled within these hours. Work can be completed at any time as long as deadlines are met.
We have a great culture - people love working here because of the flexibility of working remotely, our laidback, business casual environment, and supportive team members.
Tree Ring Digital is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Come join a team with a clear mandate to deliver high value to clients. If you’re a good fit and up for a challenge, we’d love to hear from you! TreeRingDigital.com/careers
We appreciate your excitement, but please no calls to our office. Only applications received through this portal will be considered.