We are a reputed business process outsourcing (BPO) company based in Melbourne. We specialise in providing outsourcing services to Australian businesses in various industries. We are experts in outsourcing business activities in IT, accounting, digital marketing, administration, and customer services/support.
We are looking for an experienced Senior WordPress Developer to join our dynamic team based in Sri Lanka.
The primary purpose of this role is to work closely with the team and stakeholders to deliver timely and flawless solutions. You will:
- Design and implement full websites and modular components on the WordPress platform.
- Collaborate with members of a creative team.
- Manage front-end and back-end website development.
- Create WordPress plug-ins and themes.
- Maintain well-documented, reusable, and transferrable code.
- Troubleshoot and resolve website problems for clients and co-workers.
- Stay up to date with new developments in software, trends, and practices
- Manage security updates.
- Conducting website performance tests.
- Develop SEO-friendly sites.
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- Ability to manage projects.
- Provide technical and maintenance support to clients for implementations and support for the most complex, unusual, intermittent, or undefined issues.
- Escalate high-priority requests to the team.
- Liaise with clients as much as possible with daily updates regarding open tickets or take follow-ups with clients and the team.
- Assist in developing technical support and maintenance programs for clients engaged in a Service Level Agreement.
- Work 8am-5pm AEST, with the possibility to work overtime for critical issues.
A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar customer-focused digital delivery role with extensive hands-on experience in the following technologies:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- The ability to problem-solve.
- Past experience and high-level understanding of the WordPress platform.
- Knowledge of building front-end interfaces.
- Experience using debugging tools such as Firebug and Chrome Inspector.
- Debugging knowledge of WordPress.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Ability to manage projects as per the SLA.
- Knowledge of code versioning tools such as git.
- Experience using Atlassian/Jira
You must be highly motivated and be able to work unsupervised as part of a growing team. You must also have an analytical mind and be capable of demonstrating strong problem-solving skills. As the position involves a great deal of interaction with customers and other team members, well-developed interpersonal and communication skills are essential with an overarching focus on customer service.
- Be a part of a close-knit and supportive team
- Full-time, work-from-home opportunity
- Learn the latest technology and innovations
If you believe you have what it takes to excel in this role, please submit your resume and cover letter via email to [email protected] with the subject line: Senior WordPress Developer.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.