REMOTE (US/Canada Residing people only, with work permit)
Patterned Learning – Junior WordPress Engineer , FULL-TIME, Salary $90K - $130K a year.
About us: The Future of AI is Patterned, a stealth-mode technology startup. Top investors include Sequoia and Anderson Horowitz, founders from Google, DeepMind, and NASA and we’re hiring for almost everything!
About The Job Requirements
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the job:
- Proficient in advanced HTML and CSS.
- Deep understanding of WordPress: familiarity with things like custom post types, hooks, and filters, caching, user roles, etc.
- Significant experience with Chrome’s DevTools and the ability to troubleshoot HTML/CSS/JS issues without making changes to the client’s website code.
- Experience building WordPress websites without using a page builder.
- Knowledge of basic web design principles and an eye for good design.
- You need to be a problem solver and know how to think critically.
- Excellent communication skills: 90% of all communication is through email and messaging, so clear writing is a plus. You will need to translate highly technical/complex information into digestible solutions for non-technical customers.
- You’re someone who has built WordPress websites without using a page builder (you’ve built your own themes/child themes and or heavily modified existing themes).
- You’re someone who enjoys learning front end development. You’re good at finding the answers you need, doing your own research, or “Googling” it.
- You’re someone who enjoys digging into code in order to find out exactly how a feature works. If you’re not sure how it works, you can usually figure it out by doing some exploring and experimenting.
Special Benefits You Will Love
- Flexible vacation, paid holidays, and paid sick days
- 401(k) with up to 2% employer match (no match)
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Optional supplemental insurance policies for things like accidents, injuries, hospitalizations, or cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Life insurance, AD&D, and long- and short-term care policies
- HSA, FSA and/or DCFSA - pre-tax flexible spending accounts
Schedule: 8 hour shift, Monday to Friday , Time: Flexible, Job Type: Full-time