The WordPress Designer & Developer position is responsible for designing and developing websites. You are curious about user behavior, and you use it and UX principles to inform your designs. You can easily toggle between the left-brain algorithm and efficiency of code and right-brain creative problem-solving.
You have experience working in a fast-paced agency on projects with tight timelines. You welcome the occasional opportunity to stretch your design skills and break the monotony of website work by working on creative tasks not related to websites. And you enjoy working in a remote yet highly collaborative environment.
Salary has the potential for a raise once you spend some time with the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create website designs that combine aesthetics with UX/UI
- Be able and ready to help out on tasks that are unrelated to web design, i.e., answering emails, managing and organizing in our CRM...
- Innovate by staying on top of design and UX trends and looking to other industries and identifying opportunities to implement at Threshold
- Design and develop WordPress website and landing page designs by using Mobile First design
- Front-end development of both custom and templated sites, based on design
- Collaborate with Designers on landing pages and websites to meet client needs
- Translates client needs into design strategies
- Adhere to and maintain server structure and nomenclature
- Actively participates in team meetings to discuss assignment parameters
- Articulate and pitch creative and its rationale to internal teams
- Interacts with clients during kickoff meetings, brainstorms, creative pitches, and web development review
- Regularly deliver Creative and Development on time and within the scope of assigned projects
- Own the tracking and analysis of User Behavior on sites we host to inform future design and development throughout the department
- Maintain ongoing compliance through ADA compliance, WordPress Versions, PHP updates, and other industry standards that update through versioning and migrating to new forms of these processes
- Lead and conduct WordPress training sessions with clients as needed
- Identify and collaborate with operations to implement efficiencies regarding all things development
- Innovate by researching software, trends, and products to extend client offerings
- Ensure timely delivery of all projects
- Can work simultaneously on multiple projects
- Excellent communication, conceptual thinking, typography skills, and design skills
- Ability to creatively and effectively problem solve including strong decision-making capabilities
- Strong listening skills and high EQ
- Initiative-taking and self-starter
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and the ability to thrive in a collaborative agency environment
- Willingness to present your ideas both internally and to clients
- Enthusiasm for pushing the envelope
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in WordPress development and deployment
- Portfolio of work
- Proven fluency, or the ability to learn quickly, in WordPress, Elementor, and Advance Custom Fields
- Some knowledge of JQuery
- Strong HTML & CSS coding skills
- In-depth understanding of User Behavior
- Experience working with and collaborating with Creative teams
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Illustrator, Photoshop, and XD
- Additional Computer Skills: Google Suite, CRM experience, cPanel, WHM, MySQL