Job Title: WordPress Team Lead
We are looking for a WordPress Team Lead, who fully understands all aspects of the WordPress technology stack and how to deliver quality WordPress projects on time and within budget. Applicants should have experience technically drafting Client requirements, distributing work to subordinates, and ensuring the work is completed in line with time, scope, and quality expectations. Applicants must possess an excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Background in WordPress development
- 3+ years managing and delivering WordPress projects to paying Western clients (i.e., North American) as a Project Coordinator, Project Assistant, Project Manager, or comparable title
- Overseen teams of 3+ WordPress developers and designers deliver WordPress projects
- Delivery of full website project from beginning to end demonstrating an understanding of all the roles involved
- Allocating resources to execute the development and delivery of a WordPress website at different quality levels
- Bonus: You have developed, published, and maintained your own custom WordPress plugin or on behalf of an organization, including the following:
- Experience creating highly complex multiple custom WordPress plugins
- Experience submitting said WordPress plugins to the WordPress Marketplace.
- Experience managing, supporting, and growing your custom WordPress plugins
- Building and Launching plugins in WP Marketplace
- Be able to provide references to websites you have overseen and discuss in detail the team required to deliver the project, the challenges faced, and the solutions implemented
- Understanding of agile, scrum, and kanban project management processes
- WordPress development (PHP, MySQL, WordPress API)
- Theme development and installation
- Knowledge of Git-based workflow
- Plugin development and installation
- Familiarity with one or more popular page builders (Elementor, Divi, Bakery)
- You can outline best practices for maintaining a WordPress website or plugin and communicate these practices to anyone else.
- You must be deeply aware of all WordPress best practices and standards and be capable of creating a complex, custom plugin.
- Excellent oral and written English
- Lead a team of WordPress developers and designers to deliver high-quality projects on time and within budget
- Manage project statuses and deliver to the necessary stakeholders
- Assist in gathering requirements from the client
- Identify obstacles and work with project management and client stakeholders to find solutions
- Technically write the client requirement for distribution to team members.
- Conduct cross-browser and cross-device testing