Fitcy Health is one of the largest mental health platforms in MENA. We are pioneering a new era of care through extreme dedication to our customer's problems. We work in making high-quality mental health care more affordable, accessible, easy to start & comfortable to stay consistent with.
Fitcy Health was inspired by the idea that counselling can help bring a positive change in someone's life - and that change can last a lifetime. Our vision is led by our (fast) growing diverse team of specialists, experts, & motivated individuals who want to bring a positive change in the World. We collaborate in a tightly knit team to challenge the status quo and redefine our systems of care.
We believe that meaningful change in anyone's mental health is a journey—and that journey should be empowering, enjoyable & filled with positivity,
Come with us to build the foundations of a new era of care that strives to help people, one person at a time.
We are looking for a passionate and driven Wordpress Developer to join our team (full-time/remote). This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has at least 2-3 years of experience working as a Wordpress developer and comfortable in creating, maintaining, updating, and redesigning websites. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and a quality product are essential. If you are passionate about working in the healthcare industry and be part of creating an impact, let’s talk!
What will you be doing?
- Collaborating with the engineering team to upgrade the existing technology stacks
- Join the existing development team to work on our website’s updates and features.
- Troubleshoot for website issues and bugs, brainstorm options and provide solutions.
- Work on the front-end development tasks, including website maintenance, plugin updates, CSS improvements, and post creation
- Collaborate with product manager and designers to implement designs and provide feedback if necessary
- Ensure the website is client-friendly, and have an intuitive back-end to allow for easy content and page updates
What are we looking for?
- BS degree in computer science; or related fields
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience with WordPress custom theme & plugin development
- Prolific experience in WordPress
- Extensive experience in HTML and CSS
- Demonstrable experience in UX strategy & methodologies
- Prolific experience in JS and building responsive and accessible websites
- Solid understanding of web standards, cross-browser behaviour, and performance
- Develop user-friendly backend, custom fields, ACF or Gutenberg
Things that get you extra points
- Experience with page speed optimization and SEO best practices
- Experience with Amelia booking plugin
- Experience with Stripe payment gateway
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Working ability to translate designs into semantic, accessible front-end code
- Familiarity with web servers and deploying code with GitHub/GitLab
- Prior experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, or similar design applications
- Nice to have knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics
What are we offering?
- WFH / Remote-first work environment
- Exposure with a purpose driven organisation
- USD-pegged salary (competitive location-based)
- Employee Assistance Program (An in-house healthcare facility)
- A diverse and inclusive environment
- Access to World class mentors in Fitcy & our community of psychologists