Apptio’s Marketing department is looking for an experienced web designer with a passion for understanding how their work helps achieves business objectives. Candidates should possess an expert-level combination of UX/UI design and HTML/CSS/JS experience. The best candidates will demonstrate excellent visual design sense coupled with self-sufficient front-end development skills. If this is you, join us in our effort to create extraordinary marketing experiences for our customers and prospective customers.
You will be responsible for turning functional requirements into responsive web applications, implementing new features and functionality, establishing and guiding website user experiences, and aligning with Apptio’s brand identity. Design visual imagery, illustrations, and animation that delight visitors and simplify complex topics. Work closely with our WordPress developer, product owners, Marketing designers, digital marketers, and other stakeholders to ensure an effective, visually appealing, and intuitive implementation. Use your experience with a broad range of design tools, front-end frameworks, and workflow tools to do your best, most efficient work, and teach others to do the same.
Required Skills And Qualifications
- Exceptional grasp of user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) patterns and best practices
- Demonstrable visual design skills and a strong portfolio spanning through implementation
- Ability to gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Experience designing and developing responsive websites from rough wireframes
- Skilled communication of design ideas via user & process flows, sitemaps, and wireframes.
- Experience working with a back-end developer to integrate taxonomies, data structures, and app logic to address functional requirements
- Proficient with design tools such as Figma, Adobe XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch
- Empathy for the users of your products and anticipate their needs
- Awareness and adherence to industry and design best practices for websites
- A habit of browser/device testing and performance testing all of your work
- Use of version control in a team environment (ideally using Git)
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly, and master diverse web technologies and techniques
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Experience developing experiences with the React framework
- Experience developing web solutions in WordPress LAMP environments
- Knowledge of the WordPress theme layer (PHP files, theme functions, etc)
- Familiarity with WordPress plugins, custom posts, and postmeta.
- Contributions to the open-source community
- Experience with basic digital marketing concepts such as SEO and conversion optimization