Harris Global are currently on the lookout for a Full Stack WordPress Developer to join our global client on a permanent basis. You will join an established technology team and be fully remote with the option to work in London if desired.
You will also possesses strong hands on WordPress expertise and be able to create custom Gutenberg blocks.
- 5+ years of experience with WordPress development
- Good understanding of the WordPress and Gutenberg ecosystem and development best practices
- Experience in creating custom Gutenberg blocks, custom RSS feeds, and WP-JSON API endpoints.
- Expertise with modern performant HTML, CSS, and PHP
- Strong understanding of Git and VCS principles.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and project planning tools like JIRA
- Capability to individually see a full-stack project from beginning to end
- Understanding and knowledge of Core Web Vitals and the importance of them
- Excellent communication skills owing to a remote role within a distributed development team.
- Good understanding of how to use Chrome DevTools to debug issues on the Front End
- Be a strong problem-solver.
- Experience with the WordPress VIP platform
- Enterprise experience of building WordPress at scale - Edge and object Caching, Query optimisation and WP Cron
- Knowledge of monitoring tools such as New Relic and Kibana
- Experience with Typescript/Webpack
- Knowledge and use of WP-CLI and creation of custom commands
- Integrating and using AWS services (S3, Lambda, EC2, API Gateway)
- Knowledge and experience of developing for and publishing to AMP and Apple News
- Knowledge and use of CI tools such as CircleCI, GitHub Actions and TeamCity
- Experience writing bash or python scripts on an ad-hoc basis
- Interest and experience with Generative AI